Monday 26 August 2013

Surviving the Wait

That may sound like a ridiculous title since I have been waiting to see my life's goal materialize for years and years. I will be waiting (and working towards it) some more too. Good thing is that I know it will happen soon enough. Still, the wait can appear soooo long. That is why I like small "mini-trips" (I would call them weekend getaways but this one is during the week). A few days here or there seems to break up the seemingly long days of saving, planning and waiting. A small high on this journey. 

As of RIGHT NOW I am on transit heading to one of my best friend's home where five of us will pile into a car, cruise to the BC Ferries terminal and board a ferry to cross the Straight of Georgia. We will alight on Vancouver Island to continue on a scenic drive to Tofino!!! Tofino is Vancouver Island's gem. Although  a surfing mecca it offers visitors so much more: beaches, nature, relaxation and occasionally incredible thunder storms. It is my first visit there. I have yet to hear a negative comment about Tofino. 

I am so very excited for this getaway. A chance to wander through new-to-me spaces and celebrate a dear friend's birthday (all without breaking the bank) is the perfect remedy to break up the monotony of the wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, feedback, opinions and ideas welcome.